Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dog Bite Update

Things could not have turned out any better!

Simon, Cosmas, and I went to talk to the family this morning and I agreed to take Janet (who I thought was Bridgette, but that's a different sister) to the clinic to get her hand checked out. Thankfully, the dog HAS gotten a rabies shot. We have a certificate that proves the vaccination. I looked for it last night and just could not find it. However, I needed it for the clinic. So I prayed that I would find it quickly this morning and it was in the first place I looked!

So Janet, her sister Joy, and I were off to the clinic early this morning. Clinic 1 cleaned and bandaged her finger (she really only requires a large bandaid), gave her antibiotics, and referred her to the hospital for a rabies shot "just in case" (all for a little over $3.00). So next we took a trip to the hospital. After waiting a little over two hours, the doctor informed me that it would be ridiculous to give a rabies shot when the dog is vaccinated. While it was a little frustrating that we waited so long, I was just happy that she didn't need any further treatment.

When I took the girls home I expected the grandmother to be upset with me. Instead she invited me in and told me how thankful she was that I took care of her granddaughter and was willing to miss work to take her to the clinic. What could have been a really bad situation turned out to be a relationship-building experience and I've made some new friends!

Thanks for all of your prayers!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Praise God!! Romans 8:28 in actions!! Ashleigh, God is keeping you in my prayers.

Love ya, Becky