Monday, May 17, 2010

Is it possible to O.D. on hydrocortisone cream?

If so, I'm in trouble.

Last week, I walked through the deep bush to visit a family (Opiyo Denis from a few posts ago). In the process, I got bitten by what I think were flees. And when I say bitten, I mean that I have at least 150 bites on my legs. I know because I had kids that counted them. Basically, my legs looked like I have a severe case of chicken pox or some other weird African disease.

They didn't itch the first couple of days, but the day before yesterday they started itching like crazy! Now they are almost gone and I am very happy.

***

In other news, I'm in Kampala for a couple days because my sister gets in tomorrow morning! She almost got stuck in Dallas thanks to the volcano, and things look good so far for her to leave London on time as well.

Since I'm already here, I'm also picking up a friend's visitor. We will all three ride the bus back to Gulu on Wednesday morning. Neither have been to Africa before. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Malia Basch said...

no you're good. just don't put it on really thin skin :)

love hearing about your trip! we miss you!!
malia