Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Stickers and Lollipops

...both are "essentials" that I try to carry in my bag at all times. Because you just never know when you'll run into a kid that might need one. Or both.





This is Rita. Her mom died recently and so Maggie, who works at the coffee shop I frequent, is taking care of her. Rita comes to work with Maggie every day and sits quietly in a little chair behind the counter. Yesterday, though, she sat in my lap and put stickers all over her dress.

The school in Tegot is not having class all week because of athletics, so we will be in the office some days instead of going to camp. I miss the kids, but it has been very nice to be able to catch up on some e-mails and paperwork. I am currently working on improving the sponsorship program to include more communication with the sponsors, and that has taken a lot more time than I expected, so office time this week has been much appreciated. Oh, and usually my "office" is Cafe Larem - guacamole and iced coffee present!

No comments: