Sunday, March 28, 2010

Long Overdue Update

Sorry to have been away for awhile! The power was out for the last six days with the exception of Wednesday, so I was saving my computer battery and not blogging!

It came back on a couple hours ago and my computer and phone are now completely charged.

The extended periods of no power really aren't too bad, with the exception of charging electronics. It's cooler, so I don't NEED the fans, we have some awesome lanterns and flashlights, and we cook on a propane stove. But, life is most definitely simpler and a bit less stressful when power is readily available!

***

Friday and Saturday there was a women's conference in town on emotional healing, put on by a team from Bethel College in California. We took 8 moms from Tegot and it was incredible to watch the transformation occur in their lives. Two moms accepted Christ!!! The teachings on forgiveness were particularly powerful and I know they will help the women heal.

***

This week will be short. The Easter holiday is Friday - Monday. Plus, I think I have to go to Kampala for at least a night to take care of some stuff with my Visa. Please pray everything goes quickly and smoothly!

No comments: