Monday, March 29, 2010

Basketball

Sunday I went to lunch at the only place in Gulu where you can get a steak and watch American news on a big-screen TV. It occurred to me that the UT game would be on at 9:30 PM my time and would be on ESPN International. Chrissy, Kent, and I confirmed with the hotel that they would show the game and decided to return Sunday night.

So we arrived right as the game was beginning to find that Ugandan news was on. We watched it for a while and then they changed to ESPN. Only to find that the San Antonio rodeo was on. So, in hopes that it would change to basketball, we stayed and watched the rodeo with a bunch of Ugandan men who had never seen anything like it.

I wish I had a video of their faces. It was hilarious! Kent had to explain twice (once was to Chrissy) what made the bulls so angry, which was also quite funny.

Finally, we got to watch the last 11.2 seconds of the game. I was sad we lost, but since I haven't seen a single basketball game this season, it wasn't too bad. Plus, I got to watch a rodeo with a bunch of Ugandans. I mean, seriously??

1 comment:

SDG said...

Ash, you're so funny! Keep finding the humor in the little things!! Love youuu! Aunt Mary