Thursday, February 25, 2010

Living in a Bubble

When I am sitting (or sleeping) under my mosquito net, I affectionately say I am “living in a bubble.” And as far as mosquitoes go, all the “preventatives” seem to be working very well! The net I have is treated with pesticide and I know it works because every morning I have dead mosquitoes on top of the net. Kind of gross, but definitely worth it.

The citronella soap that my mom got me also works really well. If you’re ever coming to Africa, I would highly recommend it. It’s by Herbaria. An unexpected bonus with the soap is that the smell is not as overwhelming after use, so I don’t smell quite as bad as I was expecting!

With rainy season beginning, I’m anticipating an increase in mosquitoes, but so far I’ve only gotten a couple of bites, so I’m really hoping to make it out with no malaria. The good news is that even if I get it, it’s super common here and very treatable!

I also live in a bubble in the sense that I have no clue what’s going on in the rest of the world. We don’t have TV or radio, and the internet is so slow that I don’t both visiting news sites.

And thank you for tuning in for totally useless information!



There's one spot I can sit on my bed where my head doesn't touch the net. I spend a lot of time there!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look like you are inside a white pup tent. I was imagining something a little more elegant! Glad the soap works! Love, Mom

the tall guy said...

looks like a JustLead sure you're wearing! Represent!

HandsomeFrackle said...

I miss living with you. :(... So glad you are doing well though, and that the net is working!