Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Heart for Adoption...

If you've known me for any extended amount of time, you have probably heard me talk about adoption. International adoption in particular. I LOVE the idea of adoption and think that it is such a cool representation of truly being the hands and feet of Christ and it's such a great illustration of what Christ did for us!

I think that all Christians have an obligation to care about orphans. Does this mean that every Christian has to adopt? No (but I do think everyone should consider! :-). But it does mean that everyone should care.

So, it made me really sad to read this article earlier this week. It's about how international adoption has dropped significantly last year. Please pray about this!

Despite the drop in adoptions, there are still really cool things going on in the adoption/orphan care world. Children's Hope Chest is an orphan care organization in Africa and Eastern Europe and Shaohannah's Hope is an organization founded by Steven and Mary Beth Chapman as an adoption resource and orphan care organization. They are both really awesome organizations!

AND it's Adoption Awareness month!

I know I will adopt one day, and it's really cool to think that my future child may already be alive, just living in Eastern Europe! And since I talk about adoption with my roommates almost every day, it has been weighing heavily on my mind lately. Let me know if you ever want to read some good adoption blogs...I have several that I follow regularly!

No comments: