Sunday, April 11, 2010

This and That

There’s a new mzungu restaurant that opened up in Gulu. Now I have TWO options for good ice cream and pizza. And this new place even has Coke floats, milkshakes, and some of the best homemade bread I’ve ever tasted (and it’s only $1.50 a loaf). I could get spoiled here, I think… :-)

***

The people at Café Larem, the first mzungu restaurant, now know what I’m going to order depending on what time of day I come. It’s probably good the new place opened up…

***

I get to see my Dad in Botswana in three weeks. I’m excited!

***

I know a place that has fast Internet now, so I can Skype! It has been great to talk to some family and friends the last couple of weeks! I have to schedule times since it’s not at home, but it’s totally worth it and it works really well. It’s kind of fun to do it in public too because the Ugandans are fascinated and always want to say hi to whoever I’m talking too. My mom and sister have gotten to meet all of my friends at Café Larem this way.

***

Rainy season is supposed to be here, but after a couple weeks of nightly rains, it has been dry and hot once again. This is really bad for all of the people who count on crops to feed their families and/or make a living. Praying for rain to come soon!

***

Caught mouse #3 tonight. He’s still in the trap while I work up the courage to empty it…most likely it will be tomorrow. It’s just so gross!! This one has evaded me for awhile. He kept stealing the food and not setting off the trap. I finally put sticky peanut butter as bait and that did the trick.

***

The kids tried to teach me how to carry a water bottle on my head on Saturday. It failed miserably, but we had fun! I told them it was because munu hair is too slippery. Or maybe I’m just not coordinated…

No comments: