Friday, April 16, 2010

Acts

God is absolutely doing incredible things in northern Uganda right now. This week alone, almost 20 people in the village have prayed to accept Jesus. Fifteen of those salvations were today. Fifteen. In one day. All we did was share the Gospel to a group of PTA moms and fifteen responded. What? Fifteen women traded a life of sin for communion with God and eternal life!

We had AWESOME training Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday on how to effectively share the Gospel, disciple, and plant house-churches. I never could have anticipated how valuable that training was or how quickly I would be able to use each aspect. So exciting!

Most days I come home thinking, “Did today REALLY happen?” Read the book of Acts and you will get a pretty close picture of what I experience daily. The Lord is just moving powerfully.

***

I was given an Acholi name today: Adong. It means “the one who follows twins.” Make sense to you? OK, me either. I really was called this today and people were surprised when I didn’t respond to it.

Oh, and remember little Okema? He’s the one who’s been learning to write and is wild and crazy. Met his Grandma today, who’s raising him. She can’t hear a thing. Suddenly Okema makes total sense to me…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is because of little David and Michael!

nattandmatt.blogspot.com said...

Praise God!!

LeAnn R. said...

Ashley, that's awesome news about the 15 women, and all the other good stuff. Wow, you get to live an Acts life today!
Love you!