Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

It seemed appropriate that on Easter, I went to see Jane and her family – such evidence of God’s promise of new life to those who accept the gift of Jesus!

I missed being home today, but at the same time was so thankful to be here. There’s no doubt that without the Easter message and how it changed my heart, I would most definitely not be living in Uganda right now.

I’m here in response to the salvation given to me through Jesus’ death on the cross. A death that took the sins of man and placed them on the sinless Son of God, who willingly died on a cross in my place. In your place too, if you have turned from your sin and responded to Jesus for salvation.

Coming to Uganda doesn’t give me brownie points with God. It doesn’t get me to heaven, nor does it save me from hell. In fact, my good works are “as filthy rags” to God if they aren’t entirely in response to His grace and the salvation I have been given through Jesus. They must come purely from a heart that has been renewed by Jesus.

Jesus died on the cross 2000 years ago for the sins of the world. He was the perfect sacrifice and is the only way for salvation. All you have to do to accept the gift of salvation is ask Christ to forgive your sins and create in you a new heart that wants to serve and love Him.

I pray that if you’re reading this, you have turned from your sin and turned to Jesus, the only way for eternal salvation. If you haven’t and have questions, I would love to talk to you. And I mean that in all sincerity.

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus” – Romans 3:23-24

For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” – Ephesians 2:8-9

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a clear explanation of salvation by grace alone through faith in Jesus Christ. What a wonderful story you shared in your blog about Jane. Truly a real-life example of the gospel you just shared. It was so good to get to "see" you on Easter and hear that you're doing well. Can't wait to see you in person! Love, Aunt Kathy