Sunday, March 21, 2010

Nothing Much

It has been an uneventful couple of days here. I spent a good portion of Saturday snuggling with Acan Irene (I posted a picture of her a couple of weeks ago), who's having trouble with mom at home. She's a sweet girl and I thoroughly enjoyed loving on her!

Friday Chrissy and I babysat for our friends' four girls. We watched a movie and it was a lot of fun! I did have to smile at the fact that my career as a babysitter has followed me all the way to Africa!

Power has been in and out this week, which is kind of nice because if forces me into bed early. It's mainly annoying only because there's no ice cream in the city (and I guess having no light or fans is kind of annoying too) - but I am slowly learning to survive that aspect of Gulu power outages! :-)

Our van is back and is WONDERFUL! It's the same vehicle, but it has a new engine, new radiators, a speedometer (we didn't have one before, which added to the tremendous safety of the vehicle), an air conditioning that works, and the list goes on. Plus, we have new shocks and suspension. The difference in the ride is wonderful!

That's about it. This week it's back to normal at Tegot Primary, so back to normal for ECM too. I'm looking forward to it!

Oh, and Chrissy's malaria is gone. Yay!

No comments: