Friday, January 15, 2010

Everything's Coming Together!

It finally feels like everything's in place for Uganda! My visa arrived yesterday, overnighted from the Ugandan Embassy in DC. They only granted me three months, but I am told that it should not be a problem to extend once I get there. At this point I'll take what I can get and worry about the rest later!

I have confirmed flights, someone to pick me up when I arrive, and the bus schedule to get to Gulu from Kampala the day after I arrive in Uganda. It will be an exhausting couple of days, but I can't wait!!

I'm still not packed, but everything is neatly laid out on our living room floor, categorized and weighed. Dad will probably pack me this weekend - he doesn't have the spacial challenges that I seem to possess. I'm still collecting clothes to take with me, and I'm so thankful for the extra baggage allowances that will allow me to do so.

My Skype is up and working - I tried it out last night with my aunt in Singapore. Very fun! I would love to talk to you while I'm there, so please add me if you're on Skype!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I'm on skype, but I have yet to actually use it! I will love to be able to keep in touch with you that way.