Friday, November 13, 2009

Update...Kind of

While nothing is finalized for my trip in January, things are looking very good for me to go through Fellowship and STILL LEAVE IN JANUARY!!! This is truly a blessing, as there really is no way to get things arranged in such a short amount of time other than relying on the Lord to make it happen.

There are still a lot of things that have to happen and there's a possibility that I'll leave a little later, but so far things have been incredibly smooth. I truly haven't done anything...stuff has just happened! If I go through Fellowship, I will probably go to Uganda, maybe Zimbabwe, and there's a possibility of Tanzania as well. I will continue to post updates as I get more information.


In other news, I'm on my way to San Diego to spend the weekend with Mrs. Viola, my 100-year-old friend. I've only met her one other time, but I am very happy that I am getting the opportunity now and am praying that our conversation will be fruitful. This woman has seen and experienced so much. She was a nurse anesthetist during WWII and was on Utah Beach two days after D-Day. She was also there during the Battle of the Bulge. I am hoping to "interview" her and record some of her experiences!

P.S. I truly am on the way. American Airlines was offering free wireless Internet in-flight and I am totally taking advantage of that!

No comments: