Monday, April 20, 2009

The Sprint

I am definitely in the sprint to the finish of school. This is the last week of classes, followed by a week and a half of finals, then graduation, then my internship. It's kind of overwhelming to think about ALL the changes that are coming, but it's very exciting as well.

I was at YOKE camp all weekend, hanging out with a bunch of middle-schoolers. We had a blast, and I'm still singing "Little Sally Walker" in my head. We had a great group of girls. For the most part, low drama (always a plus with middle school girls!!) and lots of enthusiasm. That makes it so much easier as a leader! Plus, we had two kids (one boy, one girl) make decisions for Christ! It's such a privilege to get to tell kids about Jesus, and I truly feel blessed to be allowed to be a part of what Christ is doing in their lives. Seeing kids following Christ makes the lack of sleep, insane messy games, and boy-craziness all worth it! I'm sad to say I didn't take a single picture the entire weekend, but just picture me and a bunch of middle-schoolers covered in water, flour, shaving cream, and nasty food. That's what the pictures would have looked like!

New Orleans for Easter was also really fun. It was great to spend time with my family and I enjoyed getting to stay up late and chat with my siblings. It's still amazing to me how much they change each time I see them! Laura pretty much looks the same, but she changes as she experiences more of college. However, Conner is seriously different every time I see him. He is 6'4" now. He's 15. Yes, he will be a giant. Here are a few pictures from that weekend.

Crawfish: a New Orleans tradition. Personally, I think this is disgusting. I eat po-boys instead. Much tastier and lacks legs and eyes.

The family. Dakota was supposed to be in the picture too, but she decided she wanted to lay at our feet instead. Oh well!

No comments: