Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Week (or two) in Review

Things have been rather mundane around here lately. Insanely busy, but nothing really important. A few highlights:

1. I chaperoned a middle school Valentine's Day dance. It was a good reminder of why I would never want to be in middle school again. I also got to deal with children who decided to get into a fight right in front of me. That was exciting (as in terrifying).

2. Our apartment is in a little bit of a prank war at the moment. Yesterday Roommate A got out of the shower to find that her bed was missing from its rightful place in her bedroom. It was later discovered in the living room. It's weird how those things can sometimes happen without any apparent cause or explanation. On Valentine's, Roommate S came home to a Christmas tree next to her bed. It stayed there for several days before it made its way back into a box. I have come home to a messed up closet, missing dishes, and rearranged picture frames on my walls. They are winning, so you can e-mail you fantastic prank ideas to me at any time.

3. I leave for Mexico in less than three weeks!! I am so excited. I have raised most of my money for the trip already and it has been really cool to watch it all come together. God's provision really is awesome!!

4. I am continuing to explore different avenues for a year overseas working with orphans. I don't have a specific country or even part of the world in mind, but I am trying to stay open to wherever the Lord would like to send me. It's an exciting, while terrifying time!


That's all for now. I have to go read, study, and write some papers. Sounds fun, right?

2 comments:

annabelle said...

I would like to state for the record that any awesome prank ideas posted here are fair game for Roomie A to use! :)

Ash said...

That would be why I said e-mail me, not post in comments!