Saturday, February 28, 2009

Grandparents Visit, Mexico Trip, and School

So, it's been quite a week for me.

First of all, I will begin with a prayer request. As you probably know, I will be traveling to Tijuana, Mexico two weeks from today to work with orphans. However, this week the US State Department has issued a travel advisory for all Americans traveling to Mexico. Tijuana was specifically named as a hot-spot for violence. This week, I have spent a massive amount of time researching the violence, meeting with the leaders of the trip, seeking advice on how to proceed with the trip, and praying continuously for wisdom on what to do. As of now, I fully intend to continue with the trip as planned. I have a great sense of peace about going. While I am still fearful of what the situation may be like, I am confident that the leaders of the trip will take appropriate actions to help ensure our safety. Please be in prayer for our safety, wisdom, and fear as the trip gets closer!

On to fun news, my Maw-maw and Paw-paw and Aunt Ann are here visiting me this weekend! They came in from New Orleans and Colorado, respectively. Unfortunately, it has been raining all weekend, so we had to scratch a trip to the mountains, but we are still having a great time. Last night, we went to dinner at Calhoun's on the River and then took a short driving tour of downtown Knoxville. Today, after a quick trip to the doctor for Paw-paw's ear, we went on a tour of campus, then had lunch at Moe's on the strip. Tonight my roommates and I made dinner for them (Thanks so much, guys! You're the best!!). We also had a cake for Maw-maw's 80th birthday. Roomie A did the fabulous decorating job!



School is absolutely crazy right now. Midterms are this week and next, I have papers due, and two groups projects this week and next! I definitely won't be getting a lot of sleep the next couple of weeks, but then it's on to Mexico for Spring Break.

And just for fun, here's a couple pictures of Roommate A and I after Wacky-Tacky Club at YOKE. I have to say that's definitely the most colors I've ever had on my body at one time.



No comments: