Monday, February 2, 2009

30% Chance of Rain

So, last night before I went to bed I checked the weather. I always do so I know what I should wear in the morning and since I typically get up late and am running around trying to get out the door on time, it's easier if I know ahead of time. Weather for Knoxville, Monday, February 2 was: 30% chance of rain, high of 44. Great. I get up this morning, late as usual, notice it really doesn't look like rain outside and decide not to take an umbrella. I mean, I know there's a 30% chance that I'll get wet, but hey, I'll take my chances.

So, I go to class. No rain. I get out of class. Little rain. Library for an hour then on to my last class. Is there rain? Of course not! There's SNOW!! And tons of it. I'm talking the kind where you have to squint your eyes so you don't get snow in them! It was so pretty! Then, logic takes over and I remind myself that it's not going to stick because the high is 44, which last time I checked was above freezing. I go on to class. After class, I am shocked to find that the ground is covered in white!! How exciting! On the drive home, I slid on the road because there was so much accumulation on the ground. It is so pretty and it continues to fall at a fast rate. I think that makes 2 solid hours of snowing now! My office closed and now I get a snow day. On a day with a 30% chance of rain.

Here are some pictures of our beautiful rain, I mean snow:

No comments: