Wednesday, February 4, 2009

1st Day of Spring Training

Today was Day 1 of training for the 10k. We (my roommates and I) ran a grand total of 1 mile in 10:44. I was just proud I didn't have to stop. After that, we erg-ed, which is some type of rowing machine, for some distance that I don't remember. We were going to do crunches, but we were a little too tired.

We have quite a long way to go, but I'd say it was pretty successful for not having worked out in a year and a half. Training day #2 is Friday. I'm not sure what the training plan is for that workout yet.

The race is mid-May in Washington D.C. We'll be ready by then, right?

In other unimportant news, we had to call maintenance for our apartment for the 4th time today. Time 1 and 2 were for the disposal, time 3 was when the kitchen counter came off the wall, time 4 was for the disposal. Hm. No wonder they don't like us.

2 comments:

nattandmatt.blogspot.com said...

haha. 1 mile! Whoopee!

skeedy said...

Right. We will totally be ready.