Monday, January 19, 2009

To Indiana and Back!

This weekend Sarah and I took a trip up to Indiana to take advantage of the long weekend for MLK Day. She went to visit her friend Jessica and I went to visit Amy and Pete.

I had a fantastic time and survived the sub-zero temperatures quite well, I think. We hung out, ate tons of junk food, went sledding, stayed up late talking, watched an NFL playoff game, and had a great time! Pete and Amy have been a huge blessing in my life and it's so neat how the Lord worked it out to have Amy and I be roommates during her senior year and my first year in Tennessee. She was mistakenly placed in the wrong dorm, which was the same one as me and we got to be really great friends during that year. Anyway, here are a few pictures from the weekend.


We went to watch the NFL playoff game and had a great time eating wings, potato skins, nachos, and tons of other greasy food. I was cheering for the Ravens, who lost, but we still had a really fun time! [Side note: After trying pictures with Amy on the right, me on the left, and the other way as well, we decided that we both look better when I am on the right and Amy is on the left. This is picture two of our little experiment and the outcome that we were both pleased with.]

We went sledding down Slayter Hill, which was the biggest hill I had ever sledded (is that the right word, English-knowing friends?) down. It was five degrees at this point and my hands got so cold in my non-waterproof gloves that I couldn't bend them or feel them at all. I had to go sit in the car for a little while and let them thaw. Then I borrowed some massive and incredibly warm ski gloves from Pete and it was much better after that. We didn't go down this section of the hill, but a section that was mainly pure ice and a little snow. It was terrifying yet exhilarating at the same time.

Not sure, really...

This is us making Freezer Bag Omelettes. It was fun and they tasted great. They are a cheap, clean, and unique way to make omelettes. I would highly recommend them! We made ours with two eggs, onion, green pepper, cheese, salt, pepper, and Pete used bacon.


Amy modeling her egg-in-a-bag.

On another note, tomorrow is inauguration day and Barack Obama will be sworn in as our 44th President. Please join me in praying for him and our country as we go through many changes in the next four years.

1 comment:

nattandmatt.blogspot.com said...

Looks fun ash!! Enjoyed the update! I love you!