Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Back to School

Well, this is the first full week of classes and I am already exhausted. Classes officially began last Wednesday, which for me was an 8 AM Spanish class (and I don't speak Spanish!). My classes are actually surprisingly enjoyable (with the exception of one psycho teacher) and I am really looking forward to this semester.

I guess the only exciting news I have to report is that I'm going to Mexico for Spring Break with the college ministry at my church here in Knoxville. I am super excited. We will be gone a full week (Saturday to Saturday) and will be working primarily in an orphanage and a battered women's shelter. I had really been praying for a mission opportunity and this was a really awesome answer to prayer! There's a lot to do before I go, including raising support, but I truly can't wait to see what the Lord does with our time in Mexico!!

I also decided to try and do YOKE again this semester. I haven't done it in awhile because of class schedule and then surgery, but I really feel like it's something I should do again while I'm still in college. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they still need help.

That's all for now. I'm going to try to go to bed early for a change.

No comments: