Saturday, June 26, 2010

In the States!

Hello everyone! I am now back in the States (arrived late Thursday evening), and this will be my last blog post here. Since arriving, things have not been too eventful; I am adjusting back to the American culture. Last night I was able to go to my cousin’s graduation party, which was fun. My Mom, brother and I also went to see Toy Story 3, great movie! Everything here is much different than what I had become udapted to in Uganda.

I won’t write too much for this blog post, but just mention a few things from Uganda that took place shortly before I left. Last week in our neighborhood we had a girl accept Jesus. She brought back a friend when we met again and then several other English-speaking girls joined us. By the end of the day we had five girls pray to accept Jesus, it was really exciting!

Some things might have been lost in translation, but we will have several people meeting with them more to do some discipleship. Another girl from the neighborhood even came up to ask if she could talk to us as well, that was really neat, I’m excited to hear about what the follow-up has been like (I really have no idea where in the world all of the English speaking children came from).

Also: we had a crazy number of baptisms on Sunday at the new church; the deaf girl in our neighborhood learned a new word (airplane); we had a great dinner with the staff before I left; I was bit by a super ant; a woman asked us to marry her son after passing her on the road; I made fried okra in Uganda for the second time; Ashley and I pulled a prank in Uganda for the first time; and, lastly, I had many good times saying goodbye to some dear friends that I love very much.

Hopefully I will see many of you soon! I’d love to hear how all of you are doing also, and look forward to talking or spending time with you!

No comments: