Sunday, April 18, 2010

What???

Three more salvations today in Tegot. A whole family made decisions ensuring their eternal salvations. That makes over 20 just this week. How cool is that? I really wish I could describe how exciting that is to watch the Gospel just take off like it has been!

I’ve been praying for God to draw out the heart of a man in the village, and today it happened! Now we have two families to pour into and equip to be Gospel-sharers.

Family #1: Parents are Richard and Evelyn, Kids are Susan, Solomon, Gloria, Oscar, and Joshua. I really do just love this family. I feel like I’ve been friends with Evelyn forever, and the kids are totally precious. They’re the first family here where I’ve seen love between the husband and wife and also love and affection for their children. Even Richard gives the kids hugs and kisses. That in particular I just haven’t seen here.

Family #2: Parents are Albino (Al-BEE-no) and Lillian, Kids are Akello Nancy, Manuel, Apiyo, Otim, and I think a couple others that weren’t there. Anyway, they’re awesome as well and I can’t wait to get to know them better.

I’ve spent a lot of time this week just thinking, “What is going on? Is this really happening?” It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before. Absolutely incredible.