Sunday, April 25, 2010

I'm Still Alive!

Sorry it has been so long since I've blogged. This is where I would usually promise to be a better blogger, but things have picked up so much, I'm not quite sure I can promise that...but I'll try!

We are fully into discipleship now. We're using a basic church-planting model (house-churches) to disciple new believers and have already had a new Christian lead another person to Christ. That's what's supposed to happen,but it's super cool to see it actually work!

Prayer request: Gloria, one of the little girls in the family I talked about a couple posts back AND my sponsor child, was admitted to the hospital for malaria tonight. She's five, hilarious, and awesome. Please be praying for her!

Other than that, I've been shopping like crazy, buying stuff to send home with my Dad. I'm meeting him for almost a week for his business trip and my vacation. I'm really looking forward to it!

I do have to admit that I could easily get addicted to buying clothes here. You just pick out your fabric (they have cute options, not just African prints), tell them the style, and you get custom-made skirts and dresses. And the most I've paid for a dress is $7.50. Nice. So, if anybody wants a skirt from Africa, send me your measurements and color preference...seriously!

Off to prepare for Monday!

No comments: