Friday, April 9, 2010

The End to a Long Week

It has been quite a crazy week.

The girls are doing incredibly well. Super emotional on both extremes, but still very well considering all they have been through. Yesterday included them jumping up and down with the other kids and singing for a good thirty minutes. It was so good to see!

Today is my day off and I plan on doing nothing important. I'm teaching one of Ugandan friends (Christine) how to make spaghetti and then I think we're watching the Lion King. I wish I could say the movie choice was because movie choices are limited (which is true), but really it's because I feel like I live a couple hours from the setting of the movie and have been wanting to watch it since I went to Murchison Falls. That and Christine is going to translate the songs for me because they're in Swahili. And, cool fact, Simba means "lion" in swahili...Disney is so clever!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

VERY appropriate since we kept singing the songs to Lion King at Murchison Falls... and every warthog was Pumba. haha.