Saturday, August 15, 2009

Florida Vacation

Just got back from a fabulous week of family vacation at Fernandina Beach, Florida. It was my first time ever in Florida and I definitely don't know how I survived 22 years without ever going there. It was absolutely wonderful and I will definitely be returning as soon as possible! Highlights:
  • Got to spend LOTS of family time. This has become increasingly more important to me as I now live far from them and, come January, there will be an ocean separating us.

  • Layed on the beach for hours every day. Boogie-boarded, swam, played volleyball and bocce ball, and walked along the beach searching for crabs at night.

  • We saw dolphins every day, including one day where they jumped up out of the water almost 20 times. It was truly incredible.

  • Went sailing-another first for me. Super relaxing. Except for when a disoriented bat flew out of one of the sails and started flying around the boat. That was a little more stressful...but memorable!

  • We visited the historic town of St. Mary's and spent the day walking around, eating seafood, and touring a historic home.

  • Celebrated my 22nd birthday!
Here are some pictures of the week:
This is what I woke up and saw every morning - fabulous!
Me and the younger brother. He's a little tall.

Taking a walk on the sand dunes.


Sailing!

Our little friend who sailed with us.

At some historic house in St. Mary's.

Family picture on the beach.

Dad and the girls.

I really have no idea...

1 comment:

Amelia said...

love the family pics. i miss you and your family!!