Sunday, June 21, 2009

Burnout

Exhausted would be the word to describe how I feel after this week. We had "specialty camps" all week. The kids (and us) got to choose a camp they wanted to participate in every day this week.

My camp was bike camp. This week was the hottest week of the year. We biked 2-3 hours each afternoon and every kid in camp was a middle school boy. Thankfully, I've been getting tons of exercise each day this week, so it wasn't too terrible keeping up with all the boys. We had a great group of kids, though. Really respectful and well-behaved. I loved spending the week with them. And I discovered that I really love biking! I can't put pictures of kids online, but here's the group from the back. I was bringing up the rear.


On Wednesday, Carli and I threw a surprise birthday party for Anne. She was totally surprised and we had an awesome time. Best surprised face ever:




Friday we had some CollegeLife girls over for dinner and female bonding. Activities for the night? Eating dinner, eating junk food, and learning the hoedown throwdown (which is the Hannah Montana dance).

My computer completely crashed yesterday, which was very sad. Luckily, I have an awesome Dad who already got me a new one and will send it with Conner when he comes in a few weeks. I can use Anne's until then. The process of fixing the computer taught me a lot. Like the "blue screen of death" is never a good thing. And apparently computers need regular maintenance. Who knew?


Last night I went to the park with some friends and then watched a movie. Here are a few of my awesome friends:

1 comment:

nattandmatt.blogspot.com said...

Looking good ash! Keep up the good work!
love ya.