Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools!

These last few weeks have been insane. I have been incredibly busy, but I feel like it has been a busyness with more substantial things. I've been reading a LOT. . . mainly my Bible, Passion and Purity, and Martin Luther's commentary on Galatians. I have loved Luther's commentary. It has given me great insight into Galatians! I haven't loved P&P as much as I expected. It comes highly recommended, but I didn't think it quite lived up to the hype. Good, but not awesome. I just bought a C.S. Lewis book with a collection of seven books on spirituality. . . Mere Christianity, The Screwtape Letters, The Abolition of Man, The Great Divorce, The Problem of Pain, Miracles, and A Grief Observed. I won't have a chance to start those until next week, but I'm looking forward to it. I also got Crazy Love by Francis Chan and More Than a Carpenter by Josh McDowell.

Today I watched the complete "Does Satan Exist" debate and it was great! I thought that it was very representative of spirituality in America today. It makes me really sad, but I thought that those in defense of Jesus were very powerful. I would highly recommend watching it! It's pretty long, but very worth it.

I went to lunch with Ann from my office today and really enjoyed spending time with her. She has been a great encouragement in my life, and it has been nice to have an older Christian woman to pour into my life.


So, for April Fool's Day, I decided to send my roommates an eviction notice. Since our apartments already despise us, it wasn't really that hard to make it believable. Here is what the letter said:

Dear Apartment Residents,


This is an official notice of eviction, effective two weeks from today, April 15, 2009. Your compliance is appreciated. The following reasons are given for this notice:

1. Failure to pay full rent each month (Reference previous documents received).

2. Disregard of noise complaints filed by other Country Oaks residents (Reference previous documents left at your residence).

3. General hostility toward office staff.


Please note that failure to vacate by the above date will result in legal action. The Sheriff’s Department has been notified of the pending eviction and will be on hand April 15 to ensure that appropriate actions have been taken.


Thank you for your cooperation. If you have questions, please contact the attorney listed on our website. Any attempts to contact office staff will be viewed as threatening and hostile and will be dealt with accordingly.


Sincerely,


Management Staff



It worked beautifully and was hilarious! I would highly recommend evicting your roommates as an excellent April Fools joke.


That's all for now. I'm looking forward to Easter and the celebration of Jesus' gift of salvation.

No comments: